Thursday, May 18, 2017

My Favourite Hamburger!

I searched for a long time for the perfect hamburger recipe.  Something with that little extra something.  My search ended when I stumbled across this one, and I've been stuck on it ever since!

Whenever I make these I double the quantities and freeze them.  Great for when you wanting a healthier comfort food than takeaway 😋


Ingredients


·         600g beef mince


·         1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (or to taste, if you like it spicy, add more!)


·         1 onion, finely chopped


·         1 teaspoon each dried oregano & Dijon mustard


·         1 egg, beaten


·         1/2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs


·         1/3 cup (25g) grated parmesan (I always add a little extra, I love my cheese)

Let the fun begin:


    Method


    Step 1
    Combine mince, chilli, onion, oregano, Dijon, egg, crumbs and parmesan in a bowl. Season, mix with damp hands, then form into 4 patties. Chill for 30 minutes.

    Step 2
    Place a frypan over medium-high heat. Brush burger patties with oil, then cook for 5 minutes each side until cooked through.

    Step 3
    Fill buns with your favourite hamburger salads and enjoy!

No comments: